Many businesses involving animals need to be licensed by the local authority.
Licensed animal boarding establishments in East Hampshire
A list of licensed animal boarding establishments in East Hampshire can be found below.
- Licensed animal boarding establishments (pdf 133 kb)
Animal boarding establishments
Such as kennels, catteries and home boarding businesses.
- Apply to run an animal boarding establishment
- Renew your licence to run an animal boarding establishment
Where one or more of the following applies:
- Four or more litters of puppies are produced for sale in a year
- Two or more litters are sold in a year
- The breeding of puppies is considered a business.
You cannot apply for this licence online, please contact us online or call the Animal Welfare office on 01730 234319.
Any building from which animals are sold, including your own home. However, you don’t need a licence to sell pedigree animals that you’ve bred, or animals that are offspring of your own pet.
You’ll need a zoo licence if you will be displaying wild animals to the public for at least 7 days a year, in any place that’s not a circus or pet shop.
If you think someone is running an animal establishment without a licence, or if you are concerned about the welfare of animals at a licensed establishment, please contact us online or call the Animal Welfare office on 01730 234319.
License conditions documents
- Cat boarding conditions (word 100 kb)
- Dog boarding conditions (word 74 kb)
- Dog breeding licence conditions (word 405 kb)
- Dangerous wild animals blanket conditions (word 44 kb)
- Home boarding conditions (word 68 kb)
- Pet shop licence conditions (word 328 kb)
- Riding establishment conditions (word 64 kb)
Contingency planning documents
- Contingency planning - Temporary animal shelters (word 41 kb)