Grants of £500 are available to new businesses starting up.
Support, mentoring and advice is also provided to complement the grant. This will be tailored to the individual needs of the business.
Only one grant per business will be paid.
Normally you will receive a decision from the council within 20 working days of a visit.
A council officer will visit you following receipt of your application, to establish whether you are eligible for a grant.
The grant is intended for:
- any new small business starting up
- any new small business that has been trading for less than 12 months.
To qualify your business must:
- be in East Hampshire
- be a new full time business
- have any planning, building control, licence or other necessary consents needed
- prove it has been trading successfully for six months (normally confirmed by a second visit from the council, six months from the first). The proof of successful trading can be a bank statement, invoices paid or other documentary evidence.
When will I get the money?
Six months after applying, subject to evidence that the new business has been trading successfully for 6 months, the £500 grant will be paid to eligible applicants.
Business support will be provided to eligible businesses after the first visit from a council officer.