Elections for all East Hampshire District Council Wards and all Town and Parishes within the East Hampshire area are scheduled to take place on Thursday 2 May 2019.
- District timetable - May 2019 elections (pdf 39 kb)
- District nomination form (word 251 kb)
- Town Parish Timetable - May 2019 elections (pdf 39 kb)
- Town Parish nomination form (word 209 kb)
- Notice of vacancy - Petersfield St Mary's (pdf 59 kb)
Polling station changes
Following the recent Ward Boundary Review that was carried out by the Local Government Boundary Commission, the wards within the district have changed. This means your polling station may also have changed.
You can search for your polling station ahead of the election in May on the 'Where do I vote?' website.
The 31 new East Hampshire District Council wards are:
|1. Alton Amery||9. Binsted, Bentley & Selborne||17. Horndean Catherington||25. Petersfield Heath|
|2. Alton Ashdell||10. Bramshott & Liphook||18. Horndean Downs||26. Petersfield St Peter’s|
|3. Alton Eastbrooke||11. Buriton & East Meon||19. Horndean Kings & Blendworth||27. Ropley, Hawkley & Hangers|
|4. Alton Holybourne||12. Clanfield||20. Horndean Murray||28. Rowlands Castle|
|5. Alton Westbrooke||13. Four Marks & Medstead||21. Lindford||29. Whitehill Chase|
|6. Alton Whitedown||14. Froxfield, Sheet & Steep||22. Liss||30. Whitehill Hogmoor & Greatham|
|7. Alton Wooteys||15. Grayshott||23. Petersfield Bell Hill||31. Whitehill Pinewood|
|8. Bentworth & Froyle||16. Headley||24. Petersfield Causeway|
There were also Town and Parish ward changes. For more information please visit the LGBCE website.
Voting in these elections
To vote in these elections, you need to be registered on the Register of Electors and you must be:
- Resident in the East Hampshire Council area on the date of the election
- A British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of a member state of the European Union
- 18 years old or over.
The deadline for applying to register to vote in this election is Friday 12 April 2019.
Details of where your polling station is located will be on your poll card, which will be sent to you around the end of March 2019, your polling station may have changed due to boundary changes.
If you are unable to get to your polling station on 2 May 2019, there are different options available to you in order for you to cast your vote:
- By post - if you apply to vote by post before the deadline of 5pm Monday 15 April 2019, your postal vote will be dispatched around Wednesday 17 April 2019.
- By proxy - the deadline to apply to vote by proxy at these elections is 5pm on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
To download a form please visit the Your Vote Matters website.
Completed postal or proxy forms can either be scanned and emailed back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted back to the Electoral Services, East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, Hants GU31 4EX.