(Adult gaming centres)
The Gambling Act 2005 came into effect on 1 September 2007. It comprehensively modernised the law on gambling. The regulatory system governs the provision of all gambling in Great Britain, other than the National Lottery and spread betting.
Licensing authorities have responsibility for granting premises licences for:
- bingo halls
- betting offices
- adult gaming centres
- licensed family entertainment centres
and granting permits for:
- gaming and gaming machines in clubs
- unlicensed family entertainment centres
- gaming machines in alcohol licensed premises
- the temporary use of premises
Fees are payable for applications.
Telephone: 01730 234389