Reporting a fraud (false claim for benefit)

Reporting a fraud (false claim for benefit)

False claims mean we have less money for those who really need it, and higher council tax bills for everyone. We want to know about false claims so we can get the money back.

If you think someone is making a false claim for housing benefit or council tax support, you should report them. You don’t need to give your name.

Try to give as much information as possible. Our team will then decide whether to investigate. Investigations are confidential so you won’t be told about the results.

Ways to report a suspected fraud

Call our 24-hour fraud hotline on 01730 234182.

Email us at

Write to us at: Compliance team, East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, GU31 4EX.

The information you provide is strictly confidential.