East Hampshire District Council works closely with a number of organisations, such as Hampshire County Council, to promote and improve sustainable local transport services.
We do this through:
- Development of walking and cycle infrastructure
- Highway and Public Realm improvements
- Supporting local schools with their own travel plans to support sustainable transport
- Liaison with bus and community transport providers.
We are keen to encourage people living and working in East Hampshire to consider alternative modes of transport to the car.
Highways Authority for East Hampshire
Hampshire County Council is the Highways Authority for East Hampshire.
They are responsible for maintaining Hampshire's roads and footways and promoting road safety.
Further details including how to report a problem with a road, can be found on their website.
East Hampshire has an active Cycle Plan which identifies priority cycle routes in the East Hampshire District Council area.
- A cycle plan for East Hampshire (pdf 3.6 mb)