There’s a lot to see and do in East Hampshire, from country parks to historic houses.
- Alice Holt Forest, near Whitehill & Bordon. Family cycle trails and walks
- Queen Elizabeth Country Park, near Horndean. Mountain biking, horse riding, and walking
- Staunton Country Park, near Rowlands Castle. Ornamental farm, lake and tropical glass houses
- Butser Ancient Farm - what life was really like 2,000 years ago
Historic Houses and Gardens
- Jane Austen House Museum and Chawton House Library, where Jane Austen spent part of her prolific literary life
- Gilbert White's House in Selborne, where this famous naturalist lived and worked
- Elegant home of the late Lord Bessborough at Stansted House, near Rowlands Castle
- National Trust properties Hinton Ampner Garden, in Bramdean, Uppark near Petersfield and the Vyne near Basingstoke
- Petersfield Physic Garden, 17th century herb garden and orchard
- The Abbey of Our Lady and St John at Beech, set in tranquil grounds, provides physical and spiritual refreshment
Museums and Galleries
- The Oates Museum (Gilbert White's House) commemorates Captain Lawrence Oates who died on Scott's ill-fated expedition to the South Pole
- The Curtis Museum in Alton chronicles the area's history while The Allen Gallery houses a superb collection of decorative arts.
- Bedales Olivier Theatre is an award-winning venue for musical and theatrical events
- Petersfield Museum displays the area’s rich heritage and the paintings of local artist Flora Twort and hosts the Edward Thomas Study Centre
- At Grayshott Pottery visitors are invited to take a tour of the pottery
- Rural Life Centre, the largest countryside museum collection in the south of England
Sports and Leisure
- Old Thorns, near Liphook provides one of our most beautiful golf courses
- The Taro Centre (Petersfield), Alton Sports Centre and Mill Chase Leisure Centre are equipped with a wide range of leisure facilities
- Individual gliding sessions at Lasham Gliding Club
- Classic steam trains on The Watercress Line in Alton
- Hollycombe – Britain’s largest collection of steam attractions, near Liphook
- Birdworld and Forest Lodge, near Farnham.
- Go Ape, in Alice Holt Forest
Find out about the wide variety of places to visit throughout Hampshire on the Visit Hampshire website.