East Hampshire District Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Beech Neighbourhood Plan. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) regulations, a Decision Statement has been published.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations, the Council has also published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and the following documents:
- The Draft Beech Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
- The independent Examiner's report
- A Summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner - Beech Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 82 kb)
- A Statement (the Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A formal statement setting out information about the neigbourhood plan referendum (pdf 165 kb)
- A Statement setting out general information on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum - Information for voters (pdf 411 kb)
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Beech Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 6 May 2021.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
“Do you want East Hampshire District Council to use the Neighbourhood plan for Beech to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement.
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Beech parish Council area.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.