This report is the full budget report agreed by East Hampshire District Council for 2019/20.
- Revenue and capital budget 2019-20 (pdf 17.4 mb)
It shows the net cost of providing council services and how this expenditure is funded.
Also within this document is information showing the forecast financial position over the next three years, taking into account changes in government funding, other income and spending.
The report also includes information on Council Tax charges, reserves position, and treasury management policies.
How we are funded 2019-20
The council gets its funding from these areas:
- Business rates - £1.872 million
- Council Tax - £6.612 million
- Fees and charges - £7.717 million
- Grants - £0.164 million
- Investment income - £11.201 million
- New homes bonus - £2.614 million
- Sales (commercial) - £1.992 million
- Section 31 grants - £0.426 million
Total - £32.598 million
Distribution of Council Tax payments
The council distributes Council Tax payments accordingly:
- Hampshire County Council (72.2%)
- Hampshire Police & Crime Commissioner (11.8%)
- East Hampshire District Council (7.6%)
- Hampshire Fire & Rescue Authority (3.9%)
- Parish councils (4.5%)