This report is the full budget report agreed by East Hampshire District Council for 2018-19.
- Revenue and capital budget 2018-19 (pdf 122 kb)
It shows the net cost of providing council services and how this expenditure is funded.
Also within this document is information showing the forecast financial position over the next three years, taking into account changes in government funding, other income and spending.
The report also includes information on Council Tax charges, reserves position, and treasury management policies.
How we are funded 2018-19
The council gets its funding from these areas:
- Council Tax (6.507)
- New homes bonus (2.422)
- Releases from reserves (1.737)
- Retained business rates (1.327)
- Section 31 grants (1.378)
- Other general government grants (0.668)
- Investment property income (6.753)
- Sales - fees and charges (9.204)
- Sales - commercial enterprises (0.143)
Total - £30.139 million
Distribution of Council Tax payments
The council distributes Council Tax payments accordingly:
- Hampshire County Council (72.8%)
- Hampshire Police & Crime Commissioner (10.8%)
- East Hampshire District Council (7.9%)
- Hampshire Fire & Rescue Authority (4%)
- Parish councils (4.5%)