The coronavirus pandemic has affected businesses across the economy causing many to cease trading for several months while others have had to significantly modify their operations.
The Business and Planning Act which came into effect on 23 July 2020 enables businesses serving food and drink to apply for a Pavement Licence to assist their business with social distancing guidelines.
The licence will allow furniture, such as tables and chairs, to be placed on the Highway adjacent to the premises, to sell or serve food or drink supplied from or in connection with the premises, and for the consumption of food and drink.
The furniture which will be able to be used is:
- counters or stalls for selling or serving food or drink
- tables, counters or shelves on which food or drink can be placed
- chairs, benches or other forms of seating
- umbrellas, barriers, heaters and other articles used in connection with the outdoor consumption of food or drink
This furniture must be removable, which in principle means it is not a permanent fixed structure, and is able to be moved easily, and stored away of an evening.
The application fee for a new Pavement Licence is £100.
The Building and Planning Act has recently been amended, extending the provision for Pavement Licenses until 30 September 2022.
Existing Pavement Licenses are due to expire on 30 September 2021. These businesses that currently have a pavement licence, must apply for a new license to cover the extended period up until 30 September 2022. This license will be issued free of charge.
Please complete one of application forms below and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site notice for a pavement license (word 74 kb)
- Application for the grant of a pavement licence (word 89 kb)
- Pavement licence guidance (word 83 kb)
- Pavement licence standard conditions (word 21 kb)
Current licensing applications
Guido’s, Liphook (word 17 kb) - representations must be recieved by Friday 7 October 2022
The Market Hotel, Alton (word 17 kb) - representations must be recieved by Friday 7 October 2022
Folly Wine Bar, Petersfield (word 17 kb) - representations must be recieved by Thursday 13 October 2022