The levy is charged in pounds (£) per square metre on new floorspace (measured as gross internal area) of any type of development which has a CIL rate set in the Charging Schedule.
In East Hampshire District Council, the CIL rate applies to new residential, retail development and hotel development.
- CIL with indexation from 1 January 2020 (pdf 18 kb)
- CIL charging schedule including maps (pdf 1 mb)
- Regulation 123 list (pdf 227 kb)
Indexation guidance notice 2020
This is to provide guidance on how indexation will affect the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) for developments granted planning permission in East Hampshire District Council from 1 January 2020.
All CIL Liability Notices issued by us in 2020 will include indexation in the calculation of the chargeable amount.
The calculation of CIL chargeable amount is defined by the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended):
- R - the CIL rate for that use
- A - the deemed net area chargeable at rate R
- lp - the index figure for the year in which planning permission was granted
- lc - the index figure for the year in which the charging schedule took effect
The index that must be used is set by the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended). The index figure for any given year is set on 1 January and is the index figure for 1 November of the preceding year.
For permissions granted before 1 January 2020 the rates published by the BCIS All-in Tender Price Index apply. For permissions granted on or after 1 January 2020 the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors CIL index will apply.
The index figures that will be used to calculate indexation for East Hampshire District Council adopted Charging Schedule in 2020 are:
- Year Index Figure 2016 (the year the charging schedule took effect) (lc) - 271
- Year Index Figure 2020 (the year in which planning permission was granted) (lp) - 334
More information regarding the latest indexation rate for CIL can be found on the RICS website.