Coronavirus housing service update

We are working hard to minimise disruption to our services as a result of the coronavirus situation. However, in some cases services may be disrupted due to staff absence or official advice from the government.

Contacting us

To minimise contact with the public our offices are closed and face to face appointments have been cancelled.

If you need advice and assistance, please call 01730 266551 or email

Please only call us if you are homeless and require urgent advice. If you have an emergency outside of office hours, please contact 07850 358156.

For queries regarding Hampshire Home Choice, please visit the Hampshire Home Choice website and access its frequently asked questions.

If you are rough sleeping or aware of someone rough sleeping, please report this to street link.

Submitting documents

If you have been asked to provide any documents, these should be scanned or photographed and sent to

If you are unable to do this, we may extend the time you have to provide documentation so that it can be submitted to our offices once open again.

Paying your rent

The government has introduced new measures to ensure everyone has accommodation to stay in during the coronavirus outbreak.

Extension of notice period

The notice period to end a tenancy has been extended to a minimum of three months. Once this notice period ends, the landlord cannot force the tenant to leave without a court order.

This will apply until 30 September 2020 but can be extended if needed.

Suspension on evictions

The court service is suspending housing possessions meaning that ongoing cases or those about to go to court cannot proceed.

This will last for 90 days from 27 March 2020 but can be extended if needed.

If you are having difficulties paying your rent, please contact your landlord in the first instance.

Paying your mortgage

If you are having difficulties paying your mortgage, please contact your mortgage lender. The government have advised that mortgage holidays can be taken during this period which will need to be agreed with your lender.

Supporting vulnerable residents

The government is also allowing any hotels, hostels or B&Bs to remain open if they are providing rooms to support homeless or other vulnerable people through arrangements with a local authority or public body.

Therefore, we are calling for these businesses, within or nearby the district, to come forward and notify us of any vacancies they can offer.

If you can help, please email