Making your business covid-secure

Funded by HM Government and European Union

New restrictions from 5 November

New national restrictions to limit the spread of coronavirus came into effect on Thursday 5 November 2020.

Below is information on the businesses affected and exemptions. For information on the support available to businesses, visit our business support page.

Some businesses and venues must close while the new regulations are in place (from 5 November to 2 December), whilst other may remain open if their services are being provided differently.

This guidance is being updated regularly on the website so please visit the dedicated webpages to ensure you are adhering to the most up to date information.

Businesses that need advice on working in a COVID-secure way can contact the council’s Food and Safety Team via email at

Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)

To help ensure that businesses are coronavirus secure, GOV.UK has created a range of 14 guides to help different types of work.

Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.

What to do if you hear about a coronavirus case in your business

The government has produced information for businesses and other organisations on reporting outbreaks of coronavirus. The process varies depending on the sector you operate in.

Sector-specific action cards that can be displayed in the workplace are also available.

Need to manage queues outside your business?

Hampshire County Council has issued guidance on signage and street markings to help manage queues.

Need more help or advice?

If you require any further assistance our Food and Safety Team is available to help via email at or telephone on 01730 266551.