Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme

Further funding has been made available to help households who do not qualify under the main Council tax energy rebate scheme - this is called the Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme.

To qualify for the Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme you must:

  • be living in a property valued in council tax bands E-H and be in receipt of Council Tax support (CTS), Housing Benefit or Universal credit* on 1 April 2022.


  • have a liability for rent on 1 April 2022, pay the energy bill, and be in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal credit*.

*You must be receiving regular payments from Universal Credit.

Please note only one grant, main or discretionary will be paid to each household.

Consistent with the main scheme, no award will be made to a local authority, a corporate body or other body such as a housing association, the government or governmental body.

How do I apply?

Applications will close on Sunday 17 July 2022.