East Hampshire District Council's own online Community Lottery helps to raise funds for local charities and community groups.
Tickets cost £1 with 60p going towards local good causes, compared to just 28p in the pound for the National Lottery. The weekly draw has a jackpot of £25,000 for a matching sequence of six numbers, with other prizes including £2,000, £250, £25 or three free tickets.
Good causes - who are they and how can they sign-up?
Charities and community groups can benefit from the East Hampshire Community Lottery in two ways.
Groups from across the district are able to register as one of our Community Lottery Good Causes. Good Causes will be provided with their own lottery page, and will receive 50p in every pound spent by players choosing to support them.
Secondly, a further 10p in every pound will go into the East Hampshire Community Fund, through which local groups can apply for small grants to support their work.
East Hampshire District Council does not take any money from the sale of the Lottery tickets.
Charities and Community Groups who are interested in registering to become a Good Cause can find more information by visiting the East Hampshire Community Lottery's website.
A £1,000 voucher for Currys PC World!
That’s right, on Saturday 27 August the national draw will take place, and one lucky person will win an amazing £1,000 Currys voucher – from kitchen appliances to TVs, and laptops to iPhones, there’s something for everyone!
Supporters don’t have to do anything different – your normal weekly ticket(s) will automatically also enter you into this draw. Tickets cost £1 and can be purchased via the Lottery website.
- Frequently asked questions about the community lottery
- Terms and conditions
- Anti Money Laundering Risk Assessment (word 26 kb)
- Children and vulnerable person protection policy (pdf 24 kb)
- Fair and Open Gambling Policy (word 42 kb)
- Implementation Procedures Policy (pdf 21 kb)
- Protection from Source of Crime and Disorder Policy (pdf 23 kb)
- Remote Technical Standards Policy (word 26 kb)
- Social Responsibility in Gambling Policy (word 22 kb)