We want to help make sure everyone has the support they need.
Coronavirus job retention scheme
Employers can claim some of their employee’s wages if they have been placed on furlough or flexible furlough because of coronavirus.
The scheme has now been extended until 30 September 2021.
Self-employed income support scheme
Self-employed people can claim a fifth grant if their business profit has been impacted by coronavirus between 1 May 2021 and 30 September 2021.
Jobs and training support
If you have found yourself in difficult circumstances relating to employment and finding work, the following links will help you.
- Job Centre Plus (JCP) - local job opportunities.
- Work and health programme - help to find and keep and job if you have been out of employment for less than 24 months. For further assistance speak to your work coach or local Job Centre.
- National careers scheme - personalised advice on training and work.
- The Princes Trust - support if you want to start your own business, guidance to find a job and help to build confidence. Free work experience courses are available with top employers in the area. Available to those aged between 11 - 30.
- Job finding support service - online one-to-one job finding support. Anyone can access this support, if they have been unemployed for less than 3 months.
- Kickstart scheme - six month job placements for young people currently receiving Universal Credit. It will help you back in to work to prevent risk of long-term unemployment. The scheme covers 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week and employers can top this up.
- Lifetime skills guaranteed - free college courses valued by employers. Entitlement to flexible loans allows you to take courses in segments, providing you with the opportunities to retain and enhance your skills.
- National apprenticeship scheme - help you find an apprenticeship.
- East Hampshire District Council enterprise apprenticeship scheme - apprenticeship scheme for residents of the district, supporting local people into local jobs.
- Careers help Hampshire County Council - careers help, information, guidance, traineeships, apprenticeships and supported internships.