Grass cutting and grounds maintenance

Our grass cutting and grounds maintenance teams are still out working in the district.

They are prioritising open space areas and verges on busy junctions in order to maintain sightlines and to keep open spaces in a good condition for residents to enjoy while taking their allowed daily exercise.

All our crews have been briefed using industry guidance and wherever possible are adhering to these.

Our grounds maintenance crews are also providing support to other essential services, such as refuse collections, when required.

Our service

East Hampshire District Council has responsibility for cutting grass and trimming hedges etc. on our land and on some public highways.

Grass cutting and grounds maintenance work is carried out by Norse South East.

To report overgrown hedges, shrubs or vegetation, please use the grounds maintenance form on MyEHDC.

To report overgrown grassed areas, please complete the grass cutting form on MyEHDC.

When we receive your report, we will look into who owns the land and when it is scheduled to be cut (if it is our responsibility).

Fallen trees

If a fallen tree is causing an obstruction on the highway and is a danger to vehicles you will need to contact the Hampshire County Council Area Surveyor's Office on 08456 035 633.