The information required to submit an application for Universal Credit is as follows:
- the full name and date of birth of all members of the household
- your full address, including post code
- your and your partner’s bank, building society, Post Office or credit union account details
- your e-mail address and phone number
- your and your partner’s National Insurance Number
- information about your property, landlord and rental charge
- details of your and your partner’s earnings and income
- details of any savings and any investments held by you and your partner
- details of how much you pay for childcare, if applicable.
When completing your application for Universal Credit, you can verify your identity on-line by using GOV.UK Verify.
To do this you will need proof of your identity, for example your:
- driving licence
- debit or credit card
If you are unable to verify your identify online, you will be required to prove your identity at your first Universal Credit interview.
Universal Credit is paid into a bank, building society or credit union account. If you do not hold an acceptable account, you should take steps to open one.