The next elections will be held in East Hampshire on Thursday 6 May 2021. It will be a combined poll including:
- Police Crime commissioner
- Hampshire county council
- Grayshott district by-election
- Bramshott and Liphook district by-election
- Bramshott and Liphook parish by-election
- Beech parish by-election
- Beech neighbourhood plan referendum
The Police Area Returning Officer for Hampshire is Mark Heath at Southampton City Council and more information about these elections can be found on their website.
The County Returning Officer is John Coughlan at Hampshire County Council and more information about these elections can be found on their website.
Notice of elections
- Notice of Referendum - Beech Neighbourhood Plan (word 19 kb)
- Notice of Election - District (word 17 kb)
- Notice of Election - Hampshire County Council (word 20 kb)
- Notice of Election - Parish (word 17 kb)
- Notice of Election - Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) (word 23 kb)
- Notice Of Candidates Election Address PCC (word 34 kb)
Statement of persons nominated
- Statement Persons nominated - Beech Parish election (pdf 14 kb)
- Statement Persons nominated - Bramshott & Liphook District election (pdf 14 kb)
- Statement Persons nominated - Bramshott & Liphook Parish election (pdf 13 kb)
- Statement Persons nominated - Grayshott District election (pdf 15 kb)
- Statement Persons nominated - Hampshire County Council election (pdf 55 kb)
- Statement Persons nominated - Police and Crime Commissioner election (pdf 36 kb)
Notice of Election Agents
- Notice of election agents - County (pdf 37 kb)
- Notice of election agents - District (pdf 17 kb)
- Notice of election agents - Police and Crime Commissioner (pdf 35 kb)
Casting your vote safely during coronavirus
Your designated polling station will be printed on your polling card. If you have misplaced this you can do a quick and easy search online to find your polling station.
Arrangements will be in place to help ensure polling stations are safe places to vote, including:
- hand sanitiser
- social distancing
- requirement to wear face coverings
- Electors are welcome to use their own pen or pencil in the polling station.
Register to vote
If you are an eligible elector and you are already on the Register of Electors for East Hampshire, you do not need to re-register for these elections.
Information on how to register is available on the GOV.UK website. The deadline for applying to register for voting in this election is Monday 19 April 2021.
EU citizens legally resident in the UK may register for the local government franchise and are able to vote in all elections that use the local government franchise. EU citizens currently retain their rights to vote in local elections even though the UK has left the EU for May 2021.
Details of where your polling station is located will be found on your poll card,
Poll cards will be sent out from 26 March 2021 and postal packs will be sent out around Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Voting by post or proxy
If you are unable to get to your polling station on 6 May or would prefer to vote another way to cast your vote, you can register for a postal or proxy vote. We would encourage anyone who requires a postal vote to apply for one as soon as possible due to an expected increase in the number of postal votes being required for this year:
- Register to vote by post - the deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Register to vote by proxy - the deadline to apply to vote by proxy is 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021
Please note that you will need to print these forms as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
Completed forms can either be scanned and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted back to the address shown on the form. You can apply now - this will make sure your application is processed early, and your postal vote can be sent to you more quickly.