New leisure centres consultation and documentation
- 19 April - Project Development Board meeting - Minutes
- 22 March - Planning permission for the new Whitehill & Bordon Leisure Centre granted
- 5 March - Planning permission for the new Alton Sports Centre granted - Press release
- February - Refurbishment work on the Taro Leisure Centre gets under way - Press release
- 11 January - Project Development Board meeting - Minutes
- December - Whitehill & Bordon Leisure Centre Planning Application submitted by Everyone Active
- October - Alton Sports Centre Planning Application submitted by Everyone Active
- 28 Sept - Project Development Board meets for the first time - Minutes
- 12 July Alton Town Council agrees to support the centre and sit on the Project Development Board to advocate on behalf of residents
- 4 July - EHDC financial strategy balances books - and provides £29.5m for leisure centres Press release
- Alton Town Council consultation 30 May - 23 June
- 1 April contract signed with SLM (Everyone Active)
- March - Everyone Active leaflet posted across district
- 22 March - Alton Electors meeting: Cllr D Phillips and project manager S Herdman-Grant. Discussion on facilities mix, especially swimming pool and squash courts.
- 24 February - News release: EHDC bucks national trend with council tax cut and announces it will build two new leisure centres. Press release
- 14 February - Cabinet report on leisure procurement (exempt). Meeting minutes
- 18 January - News release: An important step for East Hampshire’s leisure centres. (Appointment of SLM) Press release
- 15 December - Cabinet report on leisure contract (exempt). Meeting minutes
- 8 December - Alton Portfolio Holder's report to Council meeting: positive dialogue with Alton District Sports Council on leisure facilities. Portfolio Holder's report
- 26 July - Community Forum: Procurement was ongoing and therefore information was commercially restricted at this time. Meeting minutes
- 9 June - Contracts Portfolio Holder's report to Council meeting: leisure procurement progressing, details confidential. Portfolio Holder's report
- 26 January - Community Forum: Leader: Alton SC to be completed by 2020, currently seeking a leading edge provider, capital funding from EHDC, ownership of land to be retained by EHDC and ATC. Meeting minutes
- 14 December - ‘Leisure joint venture prospectus’ published to market, includes specifications. Document attached to this page.
- 14 December - News release: EHDC searches for leisure service partner.
- October - News release: EHDC brings sports and leisure centres a step closer.
- 29 September - Cabinet report on leisure procurement (exempt). Meeting minutes
- 10 September - Portfolio Holder's report at Council meeting: outline planning application for Alton SC. Portfolio Holder's report
- 2 September - Outline planning permission granted.
- 27 August - Planning Committee. Meeting minutes
- 27 March - Outline planning application for Alton Sports Centre received. Included specifications. 24 comments logged from individual and consultees and 170 written comments at consultation events. Outline planning application
- February-March - Consultation event in Alton. Included some proposed specifications. 201 questionnaires completed.
- February - News release: Outline plans for new sports centre expected in March.
- December - News release: New Alton sports centre to be built next door to current facility.
- 9 December - Cabinet report on Alton Sports Centre and Mill Chase Leisure Centre (exempt). Meeting minutes
- July - News release: More developments asked to contribute to Alton Sports Centre.
- 3 July - Cabinet report on developer contributions for Alton Sports Centre (non-exempt). Cabinet report Meeting minutes
- 6 March - SO46 (exempt) on Alton Sports Centre, regarding HCA part-funding.
- 28 January - Community Forum: Deputy Leader replied to a question that Alton SC planning was ongoing. Meeting minutes
- 10 July - Sports Centre feasibility study by SLC published, following consultation. Covered facility mix, sites, costs, design options, procurement, financing. Document attached to this page
- 10 April - Alton Electors Meeting: Cllr J Butler and Executive Director T Horwood. Discussed current consultation, parking, funding, likelihood of the new facilities having a smaller footprint. Meeting minutes
- 28 February - Portfolio Holder's report at Council meeting: SLC appointed for Alton Sports Centre feasibility study. Portfolio Holder's report
- January - News release: Consultants appointed for Alton Sports Centre feasibility study.
- October - SLC appointed by EHDC Cabinet to undertake feasibility study for Alton Sports Centre, including consultation.
- 21 June - Portfolio Holder's report at Council meeting: extension of DC Leisure contract. Council report
- 14 June - Cabinet report on leisure built facilities strategy, proposes replacement of Alton Sports Centre; approved by full council 21 Jun. Cabinet report
- 13 March - Cabinet report on capital works. Cabinet report
- 7 December - Portfolio Holder's report at Council meeting on recent consultation on leisure facilities strategy.
- 24 February - Cabinet report. Cabinet report
- 25 October - Community Forum: announced consultation in November on Leisure Built Facilities Strategy. Meeting minutes