East Hampshire District Council has a long tradition of supporting the provision and development of open spaces, as well as sport and physical activity facilities for residents and visitors. The council recognises that these facility types, both formal and informal, are essential components of the district’s infrastructure, that both drive and respond to growth, change and improvement for communities across East Hampshire.
In order to support the new local plan, the council has commissioned a detailed Open Space, Sport and Recreation Needs and Opportunities Assessment (2018-2028), which consists of the following documents:
- Overview Report & Executive Summary (December, 2018) (pdf 1.2 mb)
Open Space Strategy
This will assess the quality, quantity and accessibility of existing provision of publicly accessible open spaces. It will provide the basis of a strategy for the protection and improvement of public open spaces and will be used to develop policies within the new local plan (to be published in due course).
- Open Space Strategy (December, 2018) (pdf 19 mb)
- Appendix 4: Completed Site Audit Forms (pdf 3.7 mb)
Sports Facilities Strategy
This will provide a robust assessment of need for built sports facilities in (including swimming pools, sports halls, health and fitness, tennis, bowls and athletics facilities) to meet the requirements of national policy, identifying specific needs and quantitative or qualitative deficits or surpluses.
- Sports Facilities Strategy (April, 2018) (pdf 2.5 mb)
- Appendix A (Part 1): Survey of Sports Clubs (Survey Email) (pdf 29 kb)
- Appendix A (Part 2): Survey of Sports Clubs (Questionnaire) (pdf 92 kb)
- Appendix B: Sports Clubs (pdf 36 kb)
- Appendix C: Alton Town Council - Alton Sports Centre Survey (pdf 83 kb)
Playing Pitch Strategy
This will provide a robust assessment of need for playing pitches (for cricket, football, hockey and rugby union and other minor pitch sports played in the district), reviewing the supply and demand both now and in the future with the District to meet the requirements of national policy.
- Playing Pitch Strategy (April, 2018) (pdf 1.4 mb)
- Appendix A: Cricket - Assessment of Needs (pdf 783 kb)
- Appendix B: Football - Assessment of Needs (pdf 909 kb)
- Appendix C: Hockey - Assessment of Needs (pdf 718 kb)
- Appendix D: Rugby - Assessment of Needs (pdf 693 kb)
- Appendix E: Playing Pitch Site Overviews (pdf 7.2 mb)