Please be advised the for the foreseeable future, the planning department will not be holding face to face pre-application planning meetings. They will now be telephone appointments only. For submission of pre-application details, please see existing guidance below.
We offer unbiased advice on the many things you need to consider before you make a planning application. Pre-application advice can:
- give you an idea of whether your application is likely to succeed
- identify aspects of your plan that might need to be changed before you submit your application
- inform you of any consultation or publicity you may need to do before applying
- advise you on documents and information you will need to submit with your application.
We usually charge a fee for this service, depending on the size of the development you are planning.
Check your local planning authority
There are two planning authorities for East Hampshire. We cover one third of the area, the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) which stretches from Eastbourne to Winchester covers the rest.
- East Hampshire pre-application advice fees
- East Hampshire pre-application advice form (word 55 kb)
- East Hampshire local requirements (pdf 1.9 mb)
South Downs National Park
You can check the South Downs National Park website to see if you live in the area.
Officers at EHDC will process your enquiry on behalf of the South Downs National Park, but it is important you know if your claim is inside or outside the park because their pre-application advices fees and local requirements policies are different.
We now require the submission of a pro forma and payment upfront prior to making a meeting request for all pre-applications in East Hampshire District and the South Downs National Park.
Request a meeting
Appointments are available between 9:00am to 12.00am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and 09:00am to 11:00am Thursdays.
Please complete and submit the above form along with additional information prior to booking the meeting.
If you cancel a planning advice meeting less than 48 hours before the meeting, the fee will not be refunded.
Free planning advice
Planning Aid is a network of planning volunteers providing free and independent advice to community groups and individuals who can’t afford a consultant.
If you need any help or have any questions, please email: email@example.com or call 0207 929 9494.