East Hampshire District Council is currently conducting a review of polling districts and polling places, due to the recent boundary review.
This review is taking place to ensure the council complies with the review of polling districts and polling places (parliamentary elections) regulations 2006, every council in England and Wales must undertake a review of all of the polling districts and polling places, we will be doing our review based on the new boundaries.
- Notice of polling districts and polling places review (word 182 kb)
All current arrangements, including maps of the existing polling district boundaries and locations of polling stations, can be found on our interactive internet map.
If you know of anyone who does not have access to the internet, printed copies of the individual Wards can be requested from the elections team by calling 01730 234370.
How long will the review take?
Please find below a timeline for the polling districts and polling places review:
- 1 July 2022 - publication of notice of review
- 1 July to 31 August 2022 - representations required from Acting Returning Officers for parliamentary constituencies. Stakeholders and electors within the local authority area can also make representations.
- 1 September to 21 October 2022 - evaluation of all submissions received
- October or November 2022 - executive director board
- November 2022 - publication of Draft recommendations for comment prior to consideration by council.
- 17 November - consideration of report and recommendations by full council
How do submit my views?
You are welcome to contribute to this consultation and comment on the existing arrangements or propose alternative arrangements.
Alternatively, you can submit your comments writing to the council by Wednesday 31 August 2022 at the following address: Electoral Services, East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4EX.
Once the process has been concluded the final proposals will be considered by council with any amendments implemented onto the Register of Electors by the Electoral Registration Officer on 1 December 2022.
Please note: Any observations made will form part of the public consultation and will be formally published along with all representations received. Personal data e.g. your name and address will be excluded from the review conclusion made available to the public.