Reporting a hate crime

Crimes committed against someone because of their disability, transgender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation are hate crimes and should be reported to the police.

Hate crimes can include:

  • threatening behaviour
  • assault
  • robbery
  • damage to property
  • inciting others to commit hate crimes
  • harassment
  • online abuse

You can report hate crime online.

Call 999 if you’re reporting a crime that’s in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.

If the crime isn’t an emergency, call 101 or contact your local police.

Find out what support you can get if you’re the victim of crime.

Reporting a hate crime in East Hampshire

The following organisations are reporting centres for hate crimes in East Hampshire.

  • Citizens Advice Whitehill and Bordon - Forest Community Centre, Pinehill Road, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0BS.

Please call 01420 477005 or email

  • Citizens Advice Alton - 17 Market Square, Alton, GU34 1HD.

Please call 01420 477005 or email

  • Citizens Advice Petersfield - 2nd floor, Petersfield library, 27 The Square, Petersfield, GU32 3HH.

Please call 01420 477005 or email