The Wheels to Work moped loan scheme is designed for people who don't have access to public or private transport to get them to a job, vocational training or to attend interviews.
- Wheels to work flyer (pdf 358 kb)
A moped can be loaned for 3 to 12 months depending on your circumstances.
Who can use Wheels to Work?
To be eligible for the scheme users must:
- live in one of the areas where the scheme is operating
- be aged 16+ if you live in East Hampshire or Winchester
- have no access to suitable public transport
- have no access to private transport
- need to access employment or employment related training; or are actively seeking work (need to attend interviews etc.)
- be referred by an agency, employer or, where this is not possible, have referred themselves.
- a 50cc, 110cc or 125cc moped: fully taxed and insured; full breakdown; service cover and locking device.
- compulsory Basic Training (CBT)
- motorcycle helmet
- motorcycle jacket and gloves
How much does it cost?
- £100 deposit which is refundable at the end of the loan period, subject to the moped being returned in a satisfactory condition.
- £35 charge for jacket and gloves.
Weekly hire charge
|Age of hirer||50cc moped||110/125cc moped|
|21 or over||£18.50||£21.00|
All prices are inclusive of VAT.
The riders are responsible for supplying their own licence (minimum provisional).
How do you apply?
For an application form and further details, please visit the Hampshire County Council website.