East Hampshire District Council ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting easthants.gov.uk you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is East Hampshire District Council of Penns Place, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4EX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites - easthants.gov.uk (our ‘Website’) or on my.easthants.gov.uk (our ‘Customer Portal’) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, web chat or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you leave questions, queries or feedback, including your email address if you send an email to East Hampshire District Council, details when you make payment on our Website or our Customer Portal, and when you report a problem with our Website or our Customer Portal. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, or other information supplied by you.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our Website or our Customer Portal we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website or our Customer Portal (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites or Customer Portal we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website or Customer Portal.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Web chat conversations.
- Information you submit when completing a service request within the Customer Portal.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website and our Customer Portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Website and our Customer Portal and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website and our Customer Portal to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website and our Customer Portal safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive);
- We may monitor, record, store and use any email, web chat communication or any other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website or our Customer Portal; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Website and our Customer Portal may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.