The Freedom of Information Act 2000 requires the council to provide a publication scheme, which is a guide to the information routinely made available to the public.
Our publication scheme has been approved by the Information Commissioner's Office (external link), who is responsible for promoting good practice and ensuring compliance with Freedom of Information (FOI) and data protection laws.
Not all information the council publishes is detailed in the publication scheme.
Council structure and what we do
Information about the council’s structure, locations and contacts:
- Constitution of the council
- Council’s democratic structure
- Council’s management and organisation structure
- Addresses and opening times of council properties
- Most recent election results
Information about the council’s projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audits:
- How we are funded
- Statement of accounts
- Budget information
- External audit letters
- Prices for council services
- Transparency (includes expenditure exceeding £500, terms and conditions of employment, senior management salaries and property assets)
- Procurement procedures
Our priorities and our progress
Strategies, plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews:
- Annual report
- Business strategy (pdf 974 kb)
- Council strategy (pdf 1.1 mb)
- Forward plans
- Performance and strategy
- Residents survey (pdf 1.1 mb)
How we make decisions
- Decision-making documentation
- Meetings, agendas and minutes
- Monthly meetings calendar
- Statement of community involvement
- Traffic Regulation Order public consultations
Our policies and procedures
Information about the council’s written protocols, policies and procedures:
- Acceptable use policy
- Complaints policy
- Data protection
- Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Re-use of public sector information
- Retention schedule (pdf 695 kb)
- Terms and conditions
Lists and registers
Information held in lists and registers related to the functions of the council:
- Councillor register of interests
- Electoral register
- Highways, transport and traffic information (external link)
- Land and building assets
- Licensing information
- Planning services
- Public registers
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Charges for information
Information on the council website can usually be downloaded or printed free of charge. Wherever possible, we will also provide paper information, such as leaflets, free of charge.
In some cases, the cost of reproducing a publication means that we will need to make a charge for it. In this case, the charge will usually be in accordance with the fees and charges schedule.
Re-use of information from the publication scheme
If you intend to use any information from the publication scheme for commercial, charity or academic use, or to publish it (including on the internet), please make sure you follow our guidelines on the re-use of public sector information.
Contact and feedback
Any feedback you provide will be used in our reviews to make improvements to the publication scheme.
For any assistance or to make comments or complaints, please email email@example.com.