The Local Plan consultation has now closed.The key consultation documents can still be viewed below:
- Draft Local Plan 2017 – 2036 (pdf 13 mb)
- Draft Local Plan 2017 - 2036 (Policies map) (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Non-technical summary (pdf 1.4 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Scoping report (pdf 6 mb)
- Integrated Impact Assessment (pdf 144 kb)
The draft Local Plan was also supported by evidence base which can be viewed here.
The draft plan only covers areas in East Hampshire outside the South Downs National Park - less than half the district. This includes Alton and the surrounding area as well as Whitehill & Bordon and the southern parishes of Horndean, Clanfield and Rowlands Castle.
A six-week consultation period ran from Tuesday 5 February until Tuesday 19 March and included ten drop-in sessions around the district. A call for sites was reopened during the consultation period, to enable respondents to suggest additional sites. This call for sites is now closed.
Planning officers are now processing the consultation responses. Further information on the Local Plan will be made available in due course.
You can get the latest on the Local Plan review by signing up for our regular newsletters. Enter your preferred email address and select the 'Planning and Local Plan information' topic, this will then add you to the list.
You can also see previous versions of the newsletter on our website.