We actively encourage residents of East Hampshire District council to join the Housing register.
- Acceptance onto the register is dependent on qualification criteria (external link)
Hampshire Home Choice is a partnership of:
- East Hampshire District Council
- Eastleigh Borough Council
- Havant Borough Council
- Test Valley Borough Council
- Winchester City Council
- Housing associations
The aim of Hampshire Home Choice is to:
- Provide a single system of allocations across the council areas
- Provide a system that customers can understand and which is both open and fair
- Increase the sustainability of local communities
- Assist customers in the highest assessed need and reduce homelessness
- Ensure that vulnerable customers are supported in being able to participate in the scheme
To ensure that everyone is able to take part in the Hampshire Home Choice scheme a number of measures have been put in place to prevent vulnerable people from being disadvantaged.
Hampshire Home Choice will:
- Provide appropriate advice and assistance
- Translate key documents where necessary
- Provide information in alternative formats where necessary
- Develop partnership working with support agencies
- Undertake monitoring and regular reviews of the sub-regional Allocations Framework
- Offer assistance to customers who require additional help with the scheme
- Implement a full monitoring system to ensure vulnerable people are using the scheme successfully
What is the bidding process?
Choice-based lettings requires vacant social housing properties to be advertised and invites customers to apply or 'place a bid of interest' on properties they would like to be considered for.
- The bidding process guide (pdf 369 kb)
If you would like to discuss a Hampshire Home Choice Application please contact the Housing Support Officers on 01730 234358 or 01730 234277. You can see one of these officers during a drop in surgery Monday to Friday 9:30 – 12:30, at the council offices.