Blocked drains

The council offers a 24-hour chargeable service for clearing blocked drains. We aim to get to you within four hours of a call for assistance.

The minimum charge is £90.00. Charges are based on an hourly rate, taking into consideration time and day of request.

Private drains fixed charges

Normal hours Outside hours
Up to 1hr £90.00 N/A N/A
1-2 hours £180.00 £240.00 £272.00
2-3 hours £270.00 £272.00 £408.00

If you own the property you can request work to be done, otherwise we need a call from an officer working for the housing association or in the case of a private let, the letting agent.

Public sewers are the responsibility of the water authority.

Road drains are maintained by the highway authority. Most roads in our area are looked after by Hampshire County Council. and you can report a drainage issue on their website.

We hold records for public drains which can be inspected.

Water authorities