Organised by East Hampshire District Council and the Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association, the Charity Walk for Peace is a fund-raising walk around Petersfield.
The event is set to be held on 4 May 2019 and will take hundreds of walkers on a 5km route through the town and surrounding area.
In total 16 local charities will benefit from the money raised while we hope the event will also strengthen community ties.
The charities benefitting from the walk in 2019 are:
- Age Concern, Cowplain
- Age Concern, Petersfield & District
- Artscape, Havant
- Broadlands Group Riding for the Disabled Association
- Bushy Leaze, Alton
- Challengers, Guildford
- Chestnut Tree House, Worthing
- Crossover, Liss Youth Centre
- Dementia Friendly, Petersfield
- Fitzroy Support, Petersfield
- Home-Start Butser, Petersfield
- Home-Start Hampshire, Farnborough
- Kingsley Organisation, Kingsley
- Liss Lunch Club
- Rosemary Foundation, Petersfield
- Treloar Trust, Alton
Walkers are guaranteed a winner’s medal for crossing the finish line as well as a free lunch, prepared and served by the volunteers of the Ahmaddiyya Muslim Elders Association.
To sign up for free, please visit the Charity Walk for Peace website.