It's important that you contact your energy provider as soon as you start finding it difficult to pay your bills. 

Further information and support can be found on the Ofgem website.

Energy bill support from the government 

The government is providing support for households through the Energy Price Guarantee and Energy Bills Support Scheme.

Please visit the GOV.UK website to find out more.

Grants or loans to make your home more efficient 

Low-income households could be eligible for funding that covers the cost of energy improvements to their home.

If you don’t qualify for funding, you can apply for an interest free COSY loan to help spread the cost of improvements. 

Find out more on our COSY East Hampshire page.

Help with heating costs can also be found on the government's website: 

Energy advice from Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice has an Energy Champion who can provide advice and support around any energy matter, switching and fuel poverty. This service is available until 31 March 2023. Call 080 8278 7901 or complete a referral form online.

Other energy advice

You can also:

Warm spaces

If you need to access somewhere warm during the day over the winter period, warm spaces are being set up across the district to help you keep warm and connect with others if needed.

All Hampshire libraries are offering warm and welcoming spaces.

Warm spaces are also being set up in community buildings, including the below. Please contact the venue directly for details.