We understand the need to have a healthy and happy workforce that perform to the very highest level and achieve great things.
East Hampshire District Council is fully committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for its staff.
There are many different approaches in place to ensure that our staff have access to the right resources and the relevant peer support should the need arise. Physical and mental health needs are of equal importance. We are an employer who has signed a ‘Time to Change’ pledge. This demonstrates the council’s commitment to change the way we think about, and act towards, mental health in the workplace.
Some of the benefits and assistance offered to our staff are:
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 minute weekly exercise allowance scheme
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Vouchers for free eye-sight tests
- Display screen equipment assessment
- Stop smoking support & smoke-free policy
To read more about the council's commitment to well being, please see our Wellbeing Strategy 2018-22 (pdf 341kb)
Take a look around this section and find out what makes this such a great place to work...