The overarching priorities for Petersfield include:
- making the town more walking and cycling friendly
- taking forward the town spine programme
- developing a clear place narrative that builds on the town’s location within the South Downs National Park
- effectively deploying Section 106 and the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and other monies to support neighbourhood plan objectives and improvements that deliver the most benefit to the town
Petersfield place making governance structure
Please see the following document for information on the details of the Petersfield governance groups, membership and terms of reference.
- Petersfield governance document (pdf 405 kb)
Transport and travel
The Petersfield Strategy Group has agreed a list of priority transport and travel projects.
The Petersfield Officer Group will work to deliver the top priority projects.
Hampshire County Council (HCC) has been awarded money from the Covid Active Travel Emergency Fund to enhance the temporary measures in the town centre, while supporting social distancing. An online public consultation took place between 22nd February to 21st March 2021. The results will be published in due course.
Re-opening the high streets safely (RHSS) and supporting town centres
Re-opening the high street safely is a project that was established in response to the coronavirus pandemic to support re-opening of high streets with activity and information for businesses and the public.
Getting in contact
If you wish to contact the council about the Enhance East Hampshire place making strategy and associated workstreams then please email email@example.com or phone 01730 234329.