This page covers what personal information the police and other agencies can request and how to action these requests.
Schedule 2 Part 1 Para. 2 Data Protection Act 2018
The police and other agencies can request access to personal information held by local authorities for specified purposes. These types of request include Schedule 2 Part 1 Para. 2 Data Protection Act 2018.
They can ask for information if it's about:
- Prevention or detection of crime
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- Assessment or collection of tax, duty or imposition of a similar nature.
- Does not give an automatic right of access to information
- States that public bodies can assess the merits of requests and decide whether or not to apply the exemption
See the Information Commissioners Office guidance about exemptions. It includes reasons we must take into consideration when deciding whether to release information to relevant authorities.
Make a Schedule 2 Part 1 Para. 2 Data Protection Act 2018 request
To make a request, please complete the following form:
- Schedule 2 disclosure request form (pdf 270 kb)
The request will need to be signed off by an officer (rank of inspector or above) if the request is from the police.
Please send the completed form to email@example.com.
Third party disclosures
Individuals or data subjects can give signed written consent for us to disclose information. However, we must be satisfied that consent was freely given by the data subject.