The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations complaints procedure will be in line with the Freedom of Information complaints procedure.
- be in writing (email is acceptable)
- state the nature of the complaint – what sections of the 2015 Regulations are at issue and how
- what the complainant would like the public sector body to do in order to resolve the complaint
- provide the complainant’s full contact details.
- attempt to resolve the complaint using our internal complaint process
- respond within 20 working days
- if the 20-day timeframe cannot be met, contact the complainant to explain why
- response to the complaint must be in writing
- response to the complaint must give reasons for the decision and set out options if the re-user wishes to escalate (appeal).
If you would like to make a complaint in regards to your request for re-use of public sector information, you should do so in writing.
Please email email@example.com or write to:
Cheryl Lincoln, Governance and Information Manager, East Hampshire District Council & Havant Borough Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, GU31 4EX.
We shall endeavour to deal with your complaint in a reasonable time and notify you in writing of the outcome without delay.
If the above complaint procedure is exhausted and you are still not satisfied, or a reasonable time has passed, you may appeal to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). This must be in writing and include the nature of the complaint and the response from East Hampshire District Council, within 28 days of receipt of East Hampshire District Council's response.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
As with the Freedom of Information Act, you can appeal against the ICO’s decision notice to the First- Tier Tribunal (Information Rights), which is part of the General Regulatory Chamber (GRC). The First-tier Tribunal will hear the appeal and make a decision on it.
Appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (Information Rights) must be lodged 28 days from your date of notification from the ICO.
This should be given in writing and using the Notice of Appeal form which can be found on the ICO’s website and include the reason for review, including copies of recommendations from East Hampshire District Council's complaints procedure and the Information Commissioners recommendations.
Please send the form to: email@example.com or post it to:
General Regulatory Chamber, PO Box 9300, Leicester, LE1 8DJ