Following its success at a local referendum, the Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan (2011-2028) was made on Thursday 10th June 2021:
- Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan (pdf 14 mb)
- Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan adoption statement (pdf 192 kb)
Hard copies of the plan and the adoption statement are available for inspection or purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07435554527.
Examiner’s report and decision statement
In accordance with neighbourhood planning regulations, East Hampshire District Council prepared a decision statement for the Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan. This was published in response to a report on the draft neighbourhood plan that was prepared by an independent examiner in May 2020.
The examiner recommended a number of modifications to the draft neighbourhood plan, which were made by the Council, prior to the local referendum:
- Independent examiner’s report (pdf 811 kb)
- Decision statement for the Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan (pdf 389 kb)
Background – regulation 16 and examination
The Regulation 16 Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan Consultation took place between Monday 22 July and Monday 2 September 2019.
Following the conclusion of the Regulation 16 Consultation, East Hampshire District Council and Beech Parish Council jointly appointed Ann Skippers as the independent examiner for the Beech Neighbourhood Plan.
The examiner considering the Neighbourhood Plan in the context of representations to the Regulation 16 Consultation and decided to hold a public hearing on12 February 2020, to give Gladman Developments Ltd a fair chance to put forward their case.
This is because their representation at pre-submission (Regulation 14) stage of the Neighbourhood Planning process was not considered by Beech Parish Council.
A meeting note for the public hearing is available below, along with other relevant documents for the hearing itself:
- Meeting note of public hearing (pdf 91 kb)
- Formal notice of public hearing (pdf 47 kb)
- Invitation letter to Beech Parish Council (pdf 89 kb)
- Invitation letter to Gladman Developments Ltd (pdf 257 kb)
- Hearing agenda and guidance notes (pdf 66 kb)
The Regulation 16 Submission documents can be seen below:
- Beech Neighbourhood Plan (pdf 9.1 mb)
- Beech NP Consultation Letter (pdf 257 kb)
- Beech NP Notice of Consultation (pdf 137 kb)
- Beech NP Consultation Statement (pdf 2.9 mb)
- Beech NP Basic Conditions Statement (pdf 836 kb)
- Beech NP SEA Screening (pdf 843 kb)
- Beech NP SEA HRA Screening Letter (pdf 150 kb)
- Beech NP Legal Checklist (pdf 278 kb)
- Beech NP Legal Checklist Letter (pdf 172 kb)
- Beech NP Area Designation Confirmation (pdf 3.6 mb)
The Parish Council also submitted the following documents as part of their evidence base:
- Beech Local Character Assessment (pdf 9.9 mb)
- Beech Parish Archaeology HER report (pdf 2.9 mb)
- Beech HBIC Ecological data search (pdf 6.3 mb)
In response to the Regulation 16 Beech Neighbourhood Plan Consultation, the Council received 12 representations. A list of the representations can be found below:
- Beech NP Reg 16 - full representations (pdf 5.8 mb)
Background – Regulation 15 and Designation
Beech Parish Council submitted the Beech Neighbourhood Development Plan and plan proposal submission documents under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulation 2012 to East Hampshire District Council on 12 June 2019.
On 19 April 2017, East Hampshire District Council approved the formal designation of the Beech Neighbourhood Plan Area.
- Beech Neighbourhood Area Designation Confirmation (pdf 3.6 mb)