Find advice and guidance on what to do when someone dies, from how to register the death, and how to arrange a funeral.
You do not have to go to a funeral director to organise a funeral, if you want to make your own arrangements details of who to contact can be found below.
How to find East Hants cemeteries
The cemeteries have graves for burials and cremations. They are always open to visit.
- Alton, Old Odiham Road GU34 2EB (opened in 1856)
- Catherington, Catherington Road PO8 0TH (opened in 1966)
- Petersfield, Ramshill GU31 4AP (opened in 1857)
- West Liss, Church Street GU33 6JY (opened in 1954)
- Whitehill, Holywater Road GU35 0AH (opened in 1987)
Please take particular care when visiting cemeteries after heavy or persistent rain as some areas might be quite slippery.
There are no crematoria in East Hampshire. These are ones that are close by:
- Portchester, Upper Cornaway Lane PO16 8NE. Telephone 01329 822533
- The Oaks Havant, Bartons Road PO9 5NA. Telephone 023 9222 2648
- Chichester, Westhampnett Road, PO19 7UH. Telephone 01243 787755
- Basingstoke, North Waltham RG25 2BA. Telephone 01256 398783
- Aldershot, Guildford Road, Aldershot GU12 4BP. Telephone 01252 321653
- Guildford, New Pond Road, Godalming GU7 3DB. Telephone 01483 444711
Green burial sites
There are two green burial sites in East Hampshire. These are run by private companies.
- South Downs Natural Burial Site, The Sustainability Centre, Droxford Road, East Meon GU32 1HR. Telephone 01730 823425
- GreenAcres Woodland Burials, Heatherley Wood, Grayshott Road Grayshott, Hampshire GU35 8LA. Telephone 01428 715915
Memorials and headstones
All stonemasons who work in our cemeteries must be registered with either:
Please search them for a stonemason to suit your needs.