We are currently working on a new Draft Local Plan.
The latest consultation for this will run from 3 September to 15 October and will focus on large development sites. The responses we receive will help us prepare the new plan.
This follows a consultation held in February and March 2019 on a draft Local Plan.
The draft plan only covers areas in East Hampshire outside the South Downs National Park - less than half the district. This includes Alton and the surrounding area as well as Whitehill & Bordon and the southern parishes of Horndean, Clanfield and Rowlands Castle.
A six-week consultation period ran from Tuesday 5 February until Tuesday 19 March and included ten drop-in sessions around the district. A call for sites was reopened during the consultation period, to enable respondents to suggest additional sites. This call for sites is now closed.
Further information on the Local Plan will be made available in due course.
The key consultation documents can still be viewed below:
- Draft Local Plan 2017 – 2036 (pdf 13 mb)
- Draft Local Plan 2017 - 2036 (Policies map) (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Non-technical summary (pdf 1.4 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Scoping report (pdf 6 mb)
- Integrated Impact Assessment (pdf 144 kb)