Now is your chance to shape the future of where you live as the Local Plan consultation has been launched.
The key consultation documents can be found below:
- Draft Local Plan 2017 – 2036 (pdf 13 mb)
- Draft Local Plan 2017 - 2036 (Policies map) (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Non-technical summary (pdf 1.4 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Scoping report (pdf 6 mb)
- Integrated Impact Assessment (pdf 144 kb)
The draft Local Plan is supported by evidence base which can be viewed here.
The key consultation documents can also be viewed during the consultation period at any of the deposit locations.
The six-week consultation period runs from Tuesday 5 February until Tuesday 19 March and will include ten drop-in sessions around the district.
- Local Plan consultation drop-in timetable (pdf 212 kb)
- Draft Local Plan Deposit Locations (pdf 128 kb)
Residents will have the chance to comment on policies covering housing, employment, infrastructure and the environment. You can do this in writing by email or letter, but the easiest way is to submit comments online using the council’s website.
Using this method will ensure your comment is matched with the area or policy you mean to refer to. It’s a big document and some comments can be lost if it is not clear what the author is commenting about.
The plan only covers areas in East Hampshire outside the South Downs National Park - less than half the district. This includes Alton and the surrounding area as well as Whitehill & Bordon and the southern parishes of Horndean, Clanfield and Rowlands Castle. The drop-in sessions will all be held in those areas.
The call for sites has been reopened during the public consultation and more information on submitting site suggestions to us can be found here.
You can get the latest on the Local Plan review by signing up for our regular newsletters. Enter your preferred email address and select the 'Planning and Local Plan information' topic, this will then add you to the list.
You can also see previous versions of the newsletter on our website.