Large Development Sites consultation
This consultation is another stage in the process to produce a new Local Plan and will focus on large development sites in East Hampshire. Please visit our dedicated Large Development Sites webpage for more information.
The consultation is open from 9am Tuesday 3 September to Midnight on Tuesday 15 October 2019.
It is called the Local Plan Large Development Sites Consultation and gives residents the chance to tell us anything that that might affect a site’s suitability for development. It’s also a good opportunity to say what infrastructure is needed in that area.
The consultation will help decide the right location for future development and which large development sites to include in the Local Plan.
It will not include other policies and sites already considered in the draft Local Plan.
The consultation will last six weeks and include six drop-in events.
- Alton Assembly Rooms - Tuesday 3 September, 4-7pm
- Barton Hall, Horndean - Saturday 7 September, 10am-2pm
- Alton Assembly Rooms - Saturday 14 September, 10am-2pm
- Forest Community Centre, Bordon - Thursday 19 September, 4-7pm
- Barton Hall, Horndean - Monday 23 September, 4-7pm
- Forest Community Centre, Bordon - Saturday 28 September, 10am-2pm
The ten sites under consideration are:
- Northbrook Park
- Whitehill & Bordon
- Chawton Park Farm
- Land East of Horndean (Hazelton Farm)
- Land south east of Liphook
- Neatham Down
- Four Marks south
- Land west of Lymington Bottom Road, South Medstead
- South Medstead
- Land south of Winchester Road, Four Marks.
Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions document to find out more about this consultation:
- Large Development Sites consultation - FAQs (pdf 59 kb)
The Draft Local Plan
The draft plan only covers areas in East Hampshire outside the South Downs National Park - less than half the district. This includes Alton and the surrounding area as well as Whitehill & Bordon and the southern parishes of Horndean, Clanfield and Rowlands Castle.
A six-week consultation period ran from Tuesday 5 February until Tuesday 19 March and included ten drop-in sessions around the district. A call for sites was reopened during the consultation period, to enable respondents to suggest additional sites. This call for sites is now closed.
The key consultation documents can still be viewed below:
- Draft Local Plan 2017 – 2036 (pdf 13 mb)
- Draft Local Plan 2017 - 2036 (Policies map) (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Habitats Regulations Assessment (pdf 1.5 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Non-technical summary (pdf 1.4 mb)
- Interim Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal (pdf 6 mb)
- Interim Sustainability Appraisal Scoping report (pdf 6 mb)
- Integrated Impact Assessment (pdf 144 kb)