The electoral services team organises elections, including the administration of european, county council and parliamentary elections, as well as district and parish elections.
All this must be done inside the legislative framework and timetable set by government. It means organising polling stations, polling staff, the count venue, count staff, all postal votes and publicity of elections.
Horndean Downs Councillor Vacancy
A by-election for the Horndean Downs ward will be held on 30 September 2021.
- Horndean Downs - councillor vacancy (pdf 12 kb)
- Horndean Downs - timetable of election (pdf 60 kb)
- Horndean Downs - notice of elections (pdf 14 kb)
- Horndean Downs - statement of persons nominated (word 9 kb)
- Horndean Downs - notice of election agents (word 17 kb)
- Horndean Downs - notice of poll (pdf 110 kb)
Polling station changes
Following the recent ward boundary review that was carried out by the Local Government Boundary Commission, the wards within the district have changed. This means your polling station may also have changed.
You can search for your nearest polling station ahead of any upcoming election by visiting the 'where do I vote?' website. You will also find this information on your poll card.
Who can I vote for?
Residents can find out who they can vote for in upcoming elections by visiting the 'who can I vote for?' website.
Candidates standing in the election are encouraged to include information about themselves and what they stand for, to help residents make up their mind on who to vote for.