Hampshire Home Choice is a sub-regional choice based lettings scheme managed by East Hampshire District Council in partnership with other local authorities.
Hampshire Home Choice is a way of looking for social housing available for rent across the Hampshire Home Choice sub-region and aims to give applicants a choice in deciding where they wish to live.
How to login or register
The aim of Hampshire Home Choice is to:
- provide a single system of allocations across the council areas
- provide a system that customers can understand and which is both open and fair
- increase the sustainability of local communities
- assist customers in the highest assessed need and reduce homelessness
- ensure that vulnerable customers are supported in being able to participate in the scheme.
To ensure that everyone is able to take part in the Hampshire Home Choice scheme a number of measures have been put in place to prevent vulnerable people from being disadvantaged.
Hampshire Home Choice will:
- provide appropriate advice and assistance
- translate key documents where necessary
- provide information in alternative formats where necessary
- develop partnership working with support agencies
- undertake monitoring and regular reviews of the sub-regional Allocations Framework
- offer assistance to customers who require additional help with the scheme
- implement a full monitoring system to ensure vulnerable people are using the scheme successfully
The Allocations Framework can be viewed directly on the Hampshire Home Choice website.
What is the bidding process?
Choice-based lettings requires vacant social housing properties to be advertised and invites customers to apply or 'place a bid of interest' on properties they would like to be considered for.
- The bidding process guide (pdf 369 kb)
If you would like to discuss a Hampshire Home Choice application, please call 01730 234415.