If you, or someone you live with, has a disability, there may be support you can access to help with the rising cost of living.

You could apply for disabled person’s council tax discount.

We have sent food vouchers to residents who receive disability benefits using the Household Support Fund from Hampshire County Council and hope to be able to do so again towards the end of 2022.

People in receipt of certain benefits may qualify for a £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment from the Government.

Citizens Advice can provide advice and support for people with disabilities. They are also leading on issuing energy vouchers provided through the Household Support Fund and have an Energy Champion in East Hampshire who can provide advice and support. Call 080 8278 7901 or complete a referral form online

Scope has a Disability Energy Support service that can help you with energy and water supplies.

Scope is also campaigning on behalf of disabled people over the cost of living and the extra costs of living with a disability.

Mental health support

If the situation is affecting your mental health, please seek help. Visit our mental health support pages for more information.