Our grass cutting and grounds maintenance teams are out working in the district.

The crews are also providing support to other essential services, such as refuse collections, when required.

Report an issue

East Hampshire District Council has responsibility for cutting grass and trimming hedges etc. on our land and on some public highways.

We also have responsibility for grounds maintenance for some Hampshire County Council (HCC) areas. Where we cut and how often is set out in a contract with HCC, so some pieces of HCC land may be cut less frequently than neighbouring EHDC land.

Grass cutting and grounds maintenance work is carried out by East Hampshire Norse.

When we receive your report, we will look into who owns the land and when it is scheduled to be cut (if it is our responsibility).

Check the online map

You can see what areas we are responsible for by checking our online map. Here you can search for an address or view a location under the My Maps option.

On the map, you should see an option called 'show map categories' on the left hand side. If you select the 'grounds maintenance' option, you will see the areas managed by EHDC.

Find out if land near you is maintained by us

Grounds maintenance

To report overgrown hedges, shrubs or vegetation, please complete the following form:

Report a grounds maintenance issue through your MyEHDC account

Overgrown grass areas

To report overgrown grass areas, please complete the following form:

Report overgrown grass areas through your MyEHDC account


Weed spraying and control on the public highway (pavements and roads) is the responsibility of Hampshire County Council.

Report an issue with weeds on the Hampshire County Council website

Our Environmental Services Team has reduced the use of glysophate based weed killer in line with our Climate and Environment Strategy 2020-2025.

Woolmer Industrial Estate is the only site where it's routinely used. Grass verges, open spaces, pavements and roads are not sprayed.

Fallen trees

If a fallen tree is causing an obstruction on the highway and is a danger to vehicles you will need to contact the Hampshire County Council Area Surveyor's Office on 08456 035 633.