Airtightness and fan testing

Building regulations usually require newly built homes to provide proof of airtightness and extraction fan testing before completion. Find out more here.

Building control enforcement

It is important to comply with building regulations. This page provides information on how these regulations are enforced.

Dangerous structures

The responsibility for the safety of property rests with the building owner. If your property has suffered damage during an incident it is your responsibility to make it safe.

Demolition notices

If you plan to demolish a building, you should complete a Section 80 notice. The form can be found here.

Retrospective approval

The law requires a person carrying out building work to apply to building control before they start work.