Your household rubbish should be put in your GREEN bin.
Please recycle as much as you can. It’s important to recycle the right things because the wrong items in your bin could mean that everything in the bin lorry is rejected and has to be disposed of as ordinary rubbish.
Anything that can’t be recycled should go in your waste bin, with the following exceptions:
- clinical waste (we provide a free domestic service for this)
- commercial, trade or industrial waste
- building material
- electrical products
- garden waste (this is available as a separate service)
- glass (we provide free glass collections and bottle banks around the district)
- hot ashes
- paint / chemicals or oil
- poisonous or noxious waste
- scrap metal
- stones or brick rubble
If any of these items are found in your household rubbish bin, it may not be emptied. Any offending items will need to be removed before the next collection.
Some of the items listed above can be disposed of at Hampshire County Council's Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs). Alternatively, Recycle Now has a useful tool to find your nearest disposal or recycling point.